***Come see our new site at http://www.hugsincludedblankets.com !***
Each blanket measures 5' by 3'.
Blankets are priced at $25
Custom-designed nap mats are $45
Texas state sales tax (8.25%) will apply / $10 for shipping and handling
See all available blankets here.
If you have a special request (college logos, specific themes, sports teams) let me know and we'll work to find something!
My friend, Alicia, contacted me a while back asking for two blankets for her nephew, Jason (one of which was the LSU blanket). We've been texting each other back & forth today as I heard that Lizzie (Jason's mom) was having complications during her labor. I thought about how I would feel if Jason hadn't made it ... I wasn't concerned about the blankets, but about Alicia's family and Lizzie.
I sent out a message via my Twitter asking for prayers and prayed myself for everyone involved. I wanted Lizzie to be able to hold sweet Jason, whether or not she had the blanket her aunt ordered from me. That's why I started doing this - to bless friends who are welcoming their sons & daughters into the world.
So I went over to The Life of a Sippy Cup Mom because who could resist an invite to answer the question "What Are Your Favorite Memories From Your Prom/Homecoming/School Dance?"
I just couldn't resist adding my memory from the Yellow Rose Ball in 1996. I had invited a guy (we'll call him 'Bob') as a friend and he thought there was some sort of romance (hey, I was irresistible). I turned to him at one point and said "The Macarena does not involve putting your hands on my hips". So, in true mid-1990s style, I cut out pictures of my celebrity crushes and replaced Bob's face with them using ticky-tac.
So, history will now show that I did not attend this dance with 'Bob', but with Noah Wyle and Scott Wolf (and they could dance the Macarena however they want!)
I mean, it's not like this has been a fake blog, but I'm just about sewing blankets (actually, most of my friends' reactions are "you sew?!?!?")
Anyway, here are some random things about me:
- My degree is in Computer Science & Spanish and I have worked in IT since 2001. I am currently looking for a position (hint, hint) and decided to start up Hugs Included for fun and to help feed my babies.
- No, I'm not a mommy ... unless you count dogs as children. I have 2 Chihuahuas and they are awesome. They love blankets, too!
- I love the Muppets. My favorite is the Swedish Chef. Just about any clip with him in it makes me laugh, no matter how many times I've seen it.
- I'm Catholic and love my faith. I also blog for the Houston Chronicle.
- I can recite the entire script of Steel Magnolias. I believe that every woman from the South should be able to do the same.
- I am very open about my struggle with depression and anxiety a few years ago.
- I won over my boyfriend with my Karaoke of "Ice Ice Baby" (he had given me the "let's be friends" line 3 days earlier.)
My friend Angela at AlwaysBDesigns introduced me to Abbey at Living My MoMent, a site promoting small businesses and family blogs. I'm thankful for the chance to be listed with other small businesses and blogs!
I just love this pattern, and it's sure to make any new mom (and dad) thrilled to wrap their child in it! It's great for boys and girls (I have matching solids in lavender, green, pink, blue, and yellow).
After my mom created a double-sided fleece blanket for me, I fell in love with the cozy embrace, especially because I know my mother sewed it just for me. Just as God knit us in the womb of our mother with perfect love for us (Psalm 139:13).”